View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,997 Times in 903 Posts
Default Re: An Explanation For The Idea Of Heaven ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty™ View Post
interesting article, makes sense and the tunnel sensation I have always thought is simply your sight failing one final time and not some imaginary pathway into heaven (or hell for you naughty people).

As said above I think once you're done, you're done there is no afterlife or heaven & hell. I thought I would believe in it as I love reading up on the Egyptians whose race is one that believed in afterlife more strongly than most any other civilisation, they went to great measures to make sure they were cattered for in the afterlife. Even workers and those not so lucky in life (like the Pharoahs) would spend the moments away from the enduring labour of work on their own burial chambers, creating a world fit for the next life.

I do not pity them or even think they're wrong to have done that, that is what they believe I just don't which is why I suppose I find them such an intriguing civilisation to read up on.

When you see that tunnel, basically you're thoroughly ****ed, it's you final chance to say goodbye as once that tunnel gets smaller and smaller and thus turns into darkness you're gone, not even purgatory will meet your gaze as you can gaze no more.

Job done, hope you lived your life to the fullest, RIP.

A couple of somewhat logical arguments 'for' an afterlife are:
1. If we can exist here, on earth in our current lives as we know them, why can't there be 'another' existence ? Another life form we 'transfer' into... because after all, since we live and breathe now, that proves that "existence is possible". Now,
2. A fundamental law of physics is: matter or energy (the very 2 things that give us life here on earth) cannot be created (come from nothingness) or destroyed (made into nothingness) only transferred into another form. In other words, matter or energy can never be created... and can never be destroyed... so therefore 'life' must go on because the two things that give us life (matter and energy) do... it just consistently changes form... according to physics.
Those two ideas are the first steps in the research process to provide a proof for "heaven" ( if you will ). But only the first steps... a full complete proof, of course, has not been found yet...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote