X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Something Missing from Game 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

I agree here. Although I hated Jagr when he dissed Pittsburgh upon being traded, I've come to grips with the fact that he is a Top 5 All Time Penguin.

Further I do wonder why the people that didn't come, didn't come. Recchi I can understand, he plays for another team. Jagr, ok, he's in Europe. The others, I think it's sad they couldn't be there.
Rick Tocchet was coaching his Lightning to a win over the Sens last night. Scotty Bowman works for the Chicago Blackhawks. Joe Mullen is an assistant coach to Todd Richards in Minnesota and was behind the bench against the Flames last night. Ditto Ron Francis for Carolina vs. Montreal, and Tom Barrasso is Carolina's goalie coach. Kevin Stevens works as a scout, but I'm not sure which team (Boston, maybe?) Jagr, however...he could have taken time away from drinking vodka to get his fat ass on a plane and get here for the ceremony, but instead he decided not to, likely because he knows he would get booed out of the building. Plus, his KHL team was eliminated from the playoffs early last month. No excuses for him.