View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #103
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Fleury feeling fine

One day after giving up five goals on 26 shots in the Game 1 loss to the Senators, Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was putting the tough night behind him.

"I feel better this morning than I did last night, that's for sure," he said following practice Thursday.

Teammates haven't lost any confidence in the goalie who led them to last spring's Stanley Cup. And the numbers prove they have no reason to fear a repeat performance.

Last spring, Fleury surrendered five goals in a playoff game three times, and three times came back with stellar efforts, allowing just four total goals in the three bounce-back games, two of which were on the road. In games after losses last spring, Fleury was 6-2 with a 2.22 goals-against average.

"He has not just a playoff history of bouncing back," coach Dan Bylsma said. "He's a guy who after bad games, after situations where he's been pulled or had a bad game, he comes back with a good performance. Marc's our guy, we're confident in the guy we have back there. He's a guy who's made big saves for us.

That's who he is for us. He's also a guy who does bounce back and is ready for the next time he gets in the net. That's something we're going to need from him in Game 2." (Friday, 7 p.m. ET, Versus, CBC, RDS)

Crosby said Fleury's play was the least of his team's worries.

"He's got high expectations of himself," Crosby said. "I'm sure he'll bounce back."

-- Adam Kimelman

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=525629