View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Owners agree on CBA !! Labor peace restored !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
to illustrate this point further i got these figures from the reiss pieces patriots blog. i believe it is a list of the highest cap numbers from the team:

The team?s top salary cap figures are quarterback Tom Brady ($14.4 million), McGinest ($8.3 million), Richard Seymour ($7.4 million), Rosevelt Colvin ($5.7 million), Matt Light ($5.3 million), Corey Dillon ($4.3 million), Jarvis Green ($3.6 million), Mike Vrabel ($3.5 million), Rodney Harrison ($2.8 million), Tedy Bruschi ($2.7 million), Tyrone Poole ($2.5 million), Kevin Faulk ($2.5 million) and Ty Warren ($2.2 million).

the patriots were 4 mil under the $94.5 mil cap that was bumped up to $102 mil. plus they cut w. mcginest. this puts them right about $20 million under next years cap. re signing vinatieri will be no problem and they could even cut dillon and go out and get e james or j. lewis, and add t.o. to the mix and still have $$$ left over to sign some of their free agents on the cheap. if you look at the above figures there are alot of players that would be making more money if they were elsewhere (vrabel, bruschi, harrison- prime example and key building blocks)
Yep - those numbers are looking pretty healthy right now.

Its not often that the Pats have a huge surplus in cap room - they seem to judge it just right most years.

We have pretty much lost Givens to FA - he has done a great job for us over the last 4/5 years but I think we can certainly find an adequate replacement through the draft.

The odds of Vinatieri staying a Patriot have increased with the new CBA - I think this one could go either way.

I have a strong feeling McGinest will work out a new deal to stay a Patriot for the rest of his career - he is one the 'faces' of the Patriots CBA era Dynsaty.

Bruschi's cap numbers are quite amazing when you consider his worth to the team.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote