View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249
Default Pittsburgh Vacation Suggestions, Anyone?

Aaawww yeah, baby! I got a Pittsburgh area vacation in the works for May. My first real vacation in almost 10 years!
I grew up in Vandergrift, PA, & will be spending some time there, but also want to spend some time in the city.
It's been years since I've been up there, so can you guys offer me any suggestions? I already have the incline on my list, & maybe Kennywood Park,& just walking around the city like I used to do when I skipped school, but I was wondering about some good Steelers sites. Good Steelers shopping!
Is there anything cool going on in the city between May 22 & 27? Any autograph signings?

Also, I want to treat myself on my final night there to a nice room at a bed & breakfast-just for the hell of it, because I love big old houses & antiques..can anyone offer any local suggestions for one of these?
I would also like to visit the Amish country, does anyone have any feedback on that? I know it's totally touristy of me, but I can't resist!