Old 04-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,803 Times in 4,078 Posts
Default Re: Kirwan's final 3 round mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post

IMO that is the driving force behind the logic of possibly picking Demaryius Thomas. He would be a safe Public relations pick in these insane times.

Do I want to see it happen - No. I still sit firmly in the Maurkice Pouncey camp and at #18 to boot.
exactly. heard him on sirius. sounds like a great guy. same with the alabama CB- its said that if you want someone you dont have to worry about screwing up (or talkin gibberish on twitter like bill gay) he is your man.

theres also buzz that pouncy is climbing up alot of draft boards. gil brandt released his revised "Hot 100" list this morning and has him top 20-

Quote:
(UP FROM TIER 3) Has speed and toughness. Played in the Sugar Bowl just hours after treatment for kidney stones. Very smart. Has lots of experience as a shotgun center. Maybe the best center prospect in 10 years.
kirwan says he will go earlier than expected (possibly refering to the steelers), but also noting that the broncos could desperately use him.

since philly would like e. thomas, i would have no problem trading with them and hoping we get pouncy at their slot (only risk is green bay jumping all over him, possibly even atlanta) in which case we could still probably land kareem jackson.

Quote:
(UP FROM TIER 4) Another cornerback coached by Nick Saban. Plays the run well and can play bump-and-run or off the receiver. Looks like former Cowboys great Everson Walls, who led the NFL in interceptions each of his first two seasons.
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeyeguru
I just don't think due diligence was done when this mock was made
that is rich! 100% pure 24K comedy gold! LMAO!

whooooooo....