03-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Your Mom's
Member Number: 328
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cowher present at OSU pro day
Bill Cowher and coach LeBeau were at Ohio State's pro day. Here is a list of the players that worked out, and how they performed...
There were five head coaches present -- Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher, Chicago's Lovie Smith, Detroit's Rod Marinelli, Cleveland's Romeo Crennel and the Giants' Tom Coughlin -- and about 100 team scouts and representatives. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast AstroTurf that has been down there for some years. Ohio State held it's "Junior Day" where a large number of high school juniors, who are turning seniors, were invited to watch the workouts.
1. LB A.J. Hawk - Hawk was clocked at 4.49 and 4.42 in the 40.
2. WR Santonio Holmes - Holmes weighed 179 pounds -- nine less than he did at the Combine -- and he was timed at 4.34 and 4.36 in the 40. He also ran 4.26 in the short shuttle and 6.83 in the cone drill and had a 38-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-6 long jump.
3. LB Bobby Carpenter - Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68, the short shuttle in 4.31 and the three-cone drill in 6.88. He also did 20 strength reps. Carpenter looked very good in his position drills.
4. FS Nate Salley - Salley ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.56.
5. LB Anthony Schlegel - Schlegel was timed at 4.79 and 4.76 in the 40.
6. OT Rob Sims - Sims did not run at the Combine and he pulled up again in the 40 with the same right hamstring problem. But before the injury, Sims ran 1.75 in the 10-yard dash and 2.87 in the 20-yard sprint. Although he pulled up, he was able to do the position drills, running 7.52 in the short shuttle and 4.79 in the cone drill. He also had a 30-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-10 long jump.
7. SS Donte Whitner - Whitner was clocked at 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40.
8. CB Ashton Youboty - Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45, 4.18 in the short shuttle and 6.96 in the three-cone drill. He also had a 36-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot long jump and did 11 lifts.
Last edited by BB2W; 03-12-2006 at 01:25 AM.