Old 05-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8295
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
He's taken his team to the finals before...with significantly less talent.

So what...If you're not first, you're last! lol

So Lebron failed...not the Cleveland Cavaliers (not Mo Williams who went ice cold in the playoffs...or Delonte West who was too small to cover Hedo Turkoglu...not Anderson Varejao who couldn't keep up with Rashard Lewis as a PF...or Dwight Howard as a C...not Z for not being able to play Dwight Howard as a C). Not, it has to be Lebron who failed last year. Despite having (statistically) one of the greatest all time performances. You do realize it takes a TEAM to win...not just one great player.

Yes he failed...along with the other players on the team. I didn't mention them because they aren't the leader. I just said that it takes a TEAM but Cleveland sits around and watches Queen James in the 4th quarter.

Boston should be at 1-1 right now...because Lebron, Mo (and company) prevented that from happening by closing out Game 1 with a very strong performance. Notice, it took some of Lebron's teammates to step it up against a TEAM that plays great TEAM ball in the playoffs.

Exactly my point...the TEAM closed out the game by not sitting around and watching LeBron try to close the game out.

Yes, he feels the need to take over in the 4th because that's what his teammates expect him to do. He does have a lot of 4th quarter points...did you know he also has a lot of 4th quarter assists too? Assists = passing the ball to teammates (who then make a shot...) In the playoffs, you need for your entire TEAM to play 4 quarters of basketball to win...and that's something Lebron has never had happen. It's always been him. He can't help it that the talent around him is what it is...he can only do the best he can with what he's got. That's why it took Michael 7 years to win a title. Lebron is still looking for his "Pippen".

He has the ball in his hands more than 98% of the league (my stat lol) so I'm not surprised he has a lot of assists. I bet that when he does have a lot of assists in the 4th quarter, his team wins most of them. Did you not read what I said? I've already stated that he needs to play TEAM ball in the 4th quarter to win. He's got plenty of talent around him...don't give me that bs.

Having the best regular season win total doesn't make you the best TEAM. TEAM ball involves movement, passing and other players stepping up when the going gets tough. Last year, Mo (his #2 sidekick) went ice cold...and neither MJ nor Kobe would win on a team where Delonte West is his 2nd best player...so why you think Lebron should be able to...I just don't know.

When you beat everybody in the regular season, what does it make you? Even though the West has been a stronger conference for YEARS now, his Cavs have beaten them during the regular season. What part of LeBron needs to play TEAM ball in the 4th aren't you understanding? That ball movement, passing and other players stepping up can't happen if they are standing around watching LeBron hold the ball for 21 seconds and then hoisting up a 3 or bullrushing the rim!

This team is a much stronger/deeper team than last year...but it still requires people to step up their game. Right now, they've done it for 1 half of basketball. Hopefully tonight, they'll put together two strong halves and blow out Boston. Of course, this is hardly the first strong/solid team to trip up in the 2nd round. LA looked awful last year against Houston. In fact, every team since the 01 Lakers that's won the ship had an ugly outing in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't say LA looked awful last year...I would say that they took HOU for granted without Yao. But you can't compare that team to the Cavs this year only because your star player is injured and can't seem to play through it. Let's hope Boston holds home court advantage.

You're right...Lebron needs for his TEAMMATES to step up and play TEAM ball instead of just standing around. The HEAD COACH needs to COACH the team to stick with the gameplan of playing TEAM ball...and Lebron also needs to enforce the TEAM ball concept. However...in the playoffs, there are no INDIVIDUAL winners. Kobe won when he had SHAQ or GASOL. Name one guy on the Cavs that compares to Shaq (2000-2003) or Gasol now? There isn't one guy (outside of Lebron) of that caliber on their roster at this moment. Not one.

The Lakers have no bench but Cleveland does. Why ya'll don't play Hickson more is beyond me. I do know that Jamison can hold his own with anybody on the offensive end...he hasn't played D since UNC lol. Nobody can compart to Shaq back then but you have it backwards. Shaq was the man on those teams, not Kobe (even though he closed out the games).

IF the Cavs don't win it...it's because (despite the fact that this is the most talented team Cleveland has had during the Lebron era) of talent deficiencies/matchup issues. Personally, I think the Cavs need to run a lot more than what they are doing. Make Boston pay for their physicality by making them too tired to be physical.

I agree that the Cavs need to run more. I just dont' see them beating Orlando even if they get past Boston. I can't understand how LeBron can take them to the best record in the regular season but fizzle in the playoffs. He's trying to hard to get that ring instead of playing like he played to get them the #1 seed
IMO