View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #35
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Should the Pens consider trading Malkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Which pretty much means there's no chance in hell of that happening. There isn't a team in the league who will give up that much for Malkin and set his franchise back years. Not only that, Malkin will have absolutely no margin for error and must produce huge numbers every season. Can he handle that kind of pressure? I seriously doubt it.

He isn't going anywhere. Trade Staal if they really want to bring in a top-line winger. You need top-end talent if you're going to win the Cup, period.

God, the sheer panic around here after the Pens' loss is getting ridiculous.
Where's the panic? Basically what both of us have proposed is a proactive move, but only if it's at the right price.

And you'd be surprised what you can realize in a trade if you're dealing from a position of strength especially if your trade partner is desperate and either trying to save his job or sell out his building.( preferably both) . It's only when your hand has been weakened ( "dying alive" for instance) that you screw yourself in a trade.

I'm telling you, chances are you take a three year peak into the future and you're not going to see Sid and Geno on the same team. That's not hate, that's not panic, that's just one logical assumption you can come to if you know the history of elite athletes.

I'll tell you this much, if Mario had someway found his way onto the Oilers in his early years I'll guarantee you that he'd have been miserable playing in Gretzky's shadow within 3 years. (If you don't believe do some research on the man). And I can guarantee you Mario will be keeping a cloose eye on Geno looking for the early signs of discontent.

Last thing. Regardless of what happens I'll always love Malkin. Half of you here destroying me over a simpe hypothetical probably booed our franchishes second best player mercilessly on every shift after he left the Pens. I've always thought Jagr's treatment by a preponderance of Penguins fans is shamefull.

Last edited by zulater; 05-16-2010 at 05:51 PM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote