View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #50
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Should the Pens consider trading Malkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Jagr never personally insulted me. If he said a few bad things about Pittsburgh so what? So have I. But it's still part of me. I also know that he's said that if the opportunity presented itslef he'd like to finish his career in Pittisburgh, that he'd play for Mario for the minimum salary. Do I beleive it? No. But i also don't beleive he hates Pittsburgh or it's citizens, and I think his memories of being a Penguin are mostly positive, as are mine of him.
Well, that turned out to be BS considering he re-signed with his KHL team Avangard Omsk for 1 year and $7 million bucks. Jagr's love of money hasn't changed one bit. And even IF he did do what he said, there is no way in hell I could ever cheer for him. It would be like my feelings toward Matt Cooke, but for totally different reasons. Well, actually I'd cheer for Cooke long before I'd cheer for Jagr.

Sorry Zu, but my mind isn't going to be changed about Jagr, and neither will HTG's or steelpride12's. There are just too many hard feelings. I'll admit that yes, he is one of the greatest players ever to wear a Pens' uniform. He likely will have his number retired someday and raised right next to Mario's. But when that happens, I hope I'm not there to see it, and I hope he's prepared to hear plenty of boos that night.