View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #52
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Should the Pens consider trading Malkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Well, that turned out to be BS considering he re-signed with his KHL team Avangard Omsk for 1 year and $7 million bucks. Jagr's love of money hasn't changed one bit.

I love money too, or what it can do for me.

And even IF he did do what he said, there is no way in hell I could ever cheer for him. It would be like my feelings toward Matt Cooke, but for totally different reasons. Well, actually I'd cheer for Cooke long before I'd cheer for Jagr.

What did Jagr kicks someone's cat and i wasn't told about it? Yeah "dying alive" was ridiculous, and he had some petulant moments. But geez- to hate someone who brought so much joy over what in my mind adds up to a bunch of silly nonsense. sorry but i just can't get into it. Hate is an emotion that I reserve for the likes of Ahmadinejad.

Sorry Zu, but my mind isn't going to be changed about Jagr, and neither will HTG's or steelpride12's.

That's fine, but i think you're only cheating yourself from some special memories.

There are just too many hard feelings. I'll admit that yes, he is one of the greatest players ever to wear a Pens' uniform. He likely will have his number retired someday and raised right next to Mario's. But when that happens, I hope I'm not there to see it, and I hope he's prepared to hear plenty of boos that night.
That would be a shame in my opinion and put Penguin fans in a bad light for the rest of the sports world. Ten mostly great years shouldn't be undone by one off the rocker season.