View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #125
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

LeBron James is a heck of an athlete, but he lacks what players such as Jordan, Magic, Bird and even Kobe have ... a killer instinct, the ability to take over a game when it matters, and the refusal to lose.

When I watch Lebron play, he doesn't remind me of Jordan or Kobe ... he reminds me of Dominique Wilkins. During the 80s and early 90s, Dominique was called the "Human Highlight Film" because he could do what no one else, not even Jordan, could do on the court.

Dominique was an absolute freak on the court. He made plays that Jordan could only dream about. He put up great stats and won individual accolades. But he never won a championship. The Atlanta Hawks teams with Dominique were every bit as good as the Bulls teams with Jordan. But unlike Jordan, Dominique lacked the leadership, the killer instinct, and the ability to make those around him better.

Being a great athlete and having phenomenal talent isn't enough. You need the intangibles that Jordan had, that Kobe has. Without those intangibles, Lebron James isn't Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant ... he's Dominique Wilkins.

Last edited by Wallace108; 05-19-2010 at 10:49 PM.