View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #136
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

I'm sorry, I don't buy that, at least not out of James. His play was clearly not up to specs there at the end, but there has to be another more valid reason. Why would he quit?

More interestingly to me is the fact that, although clearly (for whatever reason) off his A game, he still averaged nearly 30 PPG, 9.3 RPG and 7.2 APG in the series. Also, if he quit, why did he have 10 assists and an astonishing NINETEEN rebounds in the last game?

The people espousing this ridiculous notion that he was simply going through the motions then also must acknowledge his ultimate greatness, because the guy put up stellar numbers while not even trying or quitting, or whatever the assertion is. In fact, people were talking about Rondo's 29 points, 18 boards and 13 assists as one of the greatest playoff performances EVER, yet the stat line isn't that far off LBJ's AVERAGE through the series.

Are you really suggesting that he was slacking off? Isn't it MUCH more obvious and logical that he was hurt? Any reasonable person examining the evidence and NOT filtering it through a bias against either James OR hatred for me should easily be able to make the safe assumption that something was off with James other than his effort. People who quit don't snag 19 boards ina game.