View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #100
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
So let's see, you give a man who was a second round pick a higher standard than what you give the 9th pick overall. At least that's how it seems your showcasing it. His trade value was only equal to Santo's because of Santo's off field issues. Do you truly believe that Santo would have gone for a 5th rounder had he been clean and sober?

Ginn being a servicable #2 is laughable. The man is afraid to take a hit, the man is afraid to play the sport the way it's meant to be played. Then again if Goodell continues to diminish the rules to make it powder puff then I don't see any reason why Ginn won't make it as a HOF'er. But until the complete pansification of the league Ginn will be nothing more than a joke of a player who will only be used as a STer, and the occasionaly 3rd or 4th WR.

It is cute how you completely rule out Limas because of his first few years (and probably injury) as being a potential but your man love for Ginn still has him as serviceable.

Things that make you go hmmmm!
Dude, WTF? Have you let YOUR hatred of me and my posts blind you? First off, circumstances are EVERYTHING in this case! To ignore all the mitigating circumstances is ludicrous. Santo is a pothead, but Ginn is not, and, yes, that is part of the equation. Limas was NOT injured for his first two years, he's injured now. And, news flash, injuries are a big part of busts, look at Steve Emtman. If you want to play "what if" games you are more than welcome to, but i prefer to keep it apples to apples.

The fact remains, Ginn has played, has won games, has had productive games, and has contributed. Was he worth a 9 overall? HELL NO! But Limas Sweed is an absolute waste of a draft pick and a roster spot. Steely McBeem has contributed more, and still, for some unkinwn reason, the fans cling to some ridiculous notion that he can be redeemed. Why? And, you speak of hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is making these huge leaps of "logic" that Sweed will come back but Ginn is a waste. It's retarded....Ginn has had single quarters of one football game where he accomplished more than Sweed has in his whole NFL career!

The true beauty of all this is it reeks of desperation...I made it quite clear, and earlier than most, that Sweed was a bust. Certain third string posters here took umbrage and sat out on a quest to somehow, instead of facing that self-evident fact, diaparge and discredit me by linking my support for an alumnus of a team I follow to Sweed. By making that leap it's actually YOUR camp who makes the relation, NOT ME!

You guys need to grow up and stop this. Ginn is what he is, and he's not worth a 9th overall, but he's still playing and a has a future in the league. Sweed future is far murkier...stop trying to tie the two together simply because you don't like me calling you and yours out openly on this board.