Baked Mexican Pie
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
2/3 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of onion soup
1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
5 (12-inch) flour tortillas
3 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
sour cream, chopped green onions, and chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook beef with taco seasoning and broth over medium heat; drain.
3. In the same skillet, melt butter. Cook onion, garlic, and green onion in butter until tender. Add green chiles, soup, and meat, stirring well. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
4. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray; set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, combine enchilada sauce and beans, whisking well.
6. In prepared skillet, layer 1 tortilla, half of meat mixture, 1 tortilla, and half of bean mixture. Repeat once more, ending with tortilla. Top with cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
8. Garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions, and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
My drug of choice is caffeine