View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Lightbulb My Own 7 Round Steeler Mock Draft

1st Round - Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State
6'2" 256 lbs.

I'm sure you've all heard of him. He's a versitile LB and a tough nose football player like the Steelers love. A Perfect Fit

2nd Round - Martin Nance WR Miami(OH)
6'4" 213 lbs.

Potentially a #1 reciever and Ben's favorite target in College, he'd be the big, deep threat at WR that we need.

3rd Round
- Cedric Humes RB Virginia Tech
6'0" 227 lbs.

Big Bruiser Running Back to replace Verron and Duce if and when they leave. He's also good at catching out of the backfield, and is a versatile runner, as he could switch to FB.

4th Round
- Nate Salley FS Ohio State
6'1" 216 lbs.

He's not gonna be an immediate starter, that's why we signed Ryan Clark, but give this guy a few years and he could be it. He's described as a ferocious hitter and he plays with an attitude, so he'd be a great replacement for Logan/Carter/Stuvaints and he'd contribute on ST.

4th round (comp) - Brandon Guillory DE/LB Lousiana Monroe
6'4" 250 lbs.

His name has been whispered around the draft boards as a huge sleeper in this draft. A Tweener who has alot of upside.

5th round - Bruce Gradkowski QB Toledo
6'1" 217 lbs.

Ben is gonna need someone to back him up for his career, because Batch is no spring chicken. Worse comes to worse, he can flop and we can pick up someone else, but he could even be groomed into trade material.

5th round (comp)
- Steve Fifita DT Utah
5'11" 323 lbs.

Big, mean nose tackle who can come in and back up Casey once we cut Kirschke and move Hoke to DE. He doesn't have the height you'd love but he is a big strong NT who could come in and be a good relief player.

6th round - Michael Robinson QB Penn State
6'1" 226 lbs.

We all know he'd go into a slash role with us, and he'd only get better with time. Also replaces the need for a KR and PR.

7th round
- Matt Lentz OG Michigan
6'6" 311 lbs.

[no picture available]

BPA kind of pick, but we know how the Steelers love OL depth. This guy could pack on a few pounds and be a backup at every OL position, plus he is very strong and has alot of experiance in the Big 10

Well? I'd like comments. I think it's a pretty good mock draft.