Old 03-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,146 Times in 3,474 Posts
Default Re: Adam Vinatieri a Colt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
The original source was WEEI Sports, but the rumor is all around Boston. However, I just heard that a "high ranking Colt official" says the report is "extremely inaccurate", but that they are in negotiations with Vinatieri, and won't have anything to say tonight. The Patriots know nothing about it, so they say.

And yes, Vinatieri has a new agent. Who according to the CBA rules, as a new agent for Adam, can't represent Vinatieri for 3 or 4 days.
on sportscenter they had "breaking news" that terms had been agreed to in principle, and john clayton reported that a deal could be done as soon as tonight. he then stated how vanderjact has got interrest with miami and that patriots and green bay could be leaning towards his services. he talked about adam like it was a done deal with the colts.

this still gives the pats an opportunity to ante up, although it will only cement brady and belichicks carreer if they let him go and can win one w/o him. patriots would have to swallow alot of pride and business philosophy to over pay for none other than a kicker.

very interesting
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote