View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,359 Times in 4,302 Posts
Default Re: browns gameplan used against the seahawks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
That play was blown (along with the Parker run and that crazy 3rd and 500 pass that haunts me) months earlier when Ken Hamlin went out to a freakin nightclub and managed to get himself beaten over the head with a metal sign. When our 2nd string safety Manuel (who did a kick ass job replacing Hamlin last season) went out with an injury, our 3rd string saftey couldn't hack it and made terrible mistakes. We'd gotten by with no repercusion from the Hamlin incident until the most important game in our organization's existance. Frustrating.

Hamlin got cleared to return to football today. But who knows how he'll play after a traumatic brain injury? Marquan Manuel has left for Green Bay. We have signed another safety Shaunard Harts, but I don't think he has done much of anything in his NFL career so far. We'll need some more depth and will probably be looking for something in the draft.
the 3rd and 500 play i will give to ben and hines despite a poorly thrown but perfectly executed scramble and toss by ben. the 2nd 2 i will give to whiz for capitalizing on seattles safety woes. the previous year the steelers had gotten by with a rookie qb with no repercussion until that years most important game so i know how you feel. hopefully hamlin makes it back for you all. especially when you couldve had a. archuletta if you made him the highest paid safety in the nfl.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote