View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: American Cheese?...really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
oh, hell no. thats like saying nachos would be better with provalone or swiss.

last week i made monster green chile bacon double cheeseburgers. last night i had turkey/swiss/avacado, and the previous night italian hoagie with provalone.

none of those cheeses are interchangable for the "perfect" sandwich. you wouldnt put munster cheese on fajitas, just like you dont put american on a mushroom onion swiss burger.

the best philly cheese steaks are with cheese wiz.

my pet peve is bbq sauce on anything with american cheese.

so yeah, i buy it and constantly have it on hand. i have a kid.

nothing makes a ruffles or lettuce and mustard sandwich better than american.
I hate to break it to you but nachos taste great with mozzerella (with medium chedder too). Try it. I love it. If you are having chilli with the nachos then probably better to stick with that cheese sauce but i think that sause is nacho cheese flavor or something else...not "American" but if you are aving the nachos with salsa, mozzerella or medium chedder are both good.

I agree not all cheeses are interechangeable. Swiss and mushroom is great.

The only thing I will say is American is always replaceable with SOMETHING. It can't be the best. Even when you buy a cheeseburger from a fast food place. It tastes fine but it could be better with something else.

I remember in 2004 wen the people in philly ridiculed Kerry because e wanted swiss cheese on his cheesesteak. That sounds great to me. They were acting like he was unamerican at the same time he was running for president.

I do like mac and cheese but IDK if that powder stuff is really american cheese. It is too good for that. lol

I thank everybody for the feedback. It seems some kids with undeveloped tastebuds have been pushing some of you then you have Clop...who admits to being a "big fan"...lol At least I now understand why people keep buying it and why they keep making it. lol
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote