Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Penguins Report: (Preseason) Game Day at Chicago

Penguins Report: (Preseason) Game Day at Chicago
Friday, 10.01.2010 / 9:00 AM / Penguins Report
By Sam Kasan

11:38 AM:
Crosby chatted with the media about his hip and other topics:

On his status:
Yeah, itís day-to-day. I am going on the trip so weíll see for Sunday.

On being concerned about his hip flexor heading into the regular season:
No. Itís day-to-day. Thatís not something that I am concerned about.

On pulling it on the ice:
No, yesterday it was a little sore.

On how frustrating it is:
There is not much I can do. I am trying to do everything to make sure it doesnít happen. Hopefully once we get into the season and get into a routine my body will get used to it.

On working on chemistry with Kunitz and Dupuis:
Ideally you would. Whether I play (this weekend) or donít, I donít think that is something that is going to drastically affects my timing. I try to get three or four preseason games in. Hopefully it is three. I think I played three exhibition games last year. Itís not something that I am going to read too much into. You work so hard in practice and you do want to play in games. Itís not always a perfect scenario.

On the guys fighting for roster spots:
Itís really tough for sure. Iím sure thatís something (the coaches) want. Itís a good thing those decisions are tough. The guys are playing hard and proving they want these spots. I donít think that is a bad thing. I think that is good for any team.

On the teamís improved depth:
I think depth is the strength of our team. I think guys competing for spots are proving they are ready to play. I think it is going to be up to the coaches to see what happens. We have always prided ourselves on having depth. Thatís always been a strength on our team. The more the better.

Pittsburgh will scratch forwards Ryan Craig, Evgeni Malkin, Mike Comrie and Dustin Jeffrey and defensemen Brooks Orpik, Zbynek Michalek and Ben Lovejoy. Below is the lineup the Penguins will use against Chicago:

Forwards
9 Pascal Dupuis
10 Mark Letestu
14 Chris Kunitz
17 Mike Rupp
24 Matt Cooke
25 Maxime Talbot
27 Craig Adams
28 Eric Godard
42 Eric Tangradi
45 Arron Asham
48 Tyler Kennedy
87 Sidney Crosby

Defensemen
3 Alex Goligoski
5 Deryk Engelland
7 Paul Martin
8 Andrew Hutchinson
47 Simon Despres
58 Kris Letang

Goaltenders
29 Marc-Andre Fleury
39 Brad Thiessen

more here...http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539178

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote