View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Ed B chat 10 / 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
I don't know about you, I wasn't at the stadium...but watching the game I just had that oh ****.... feeling about how things were gonna pan out after we made that 4th down stop. Everyone was clapping and cheering but I knew it wasn't over, not by a long shot. When they showed gay and taylor and other celebrating steelers on the sideline it cemented what I already knew would happen. So when they went 3 and out (regardless of penalties they would of gone 3 and out) and we punted (again regardless of the holding penalty) the defense wasn't ready to put the game away and sure enough they scored easily, WITH time to spare (penalties didn't matter). It's the attitude of the players that had me paranoid. They started to get too high on themselves and lost their edge. It's why McFadden bit so hard, and it's why we had no pass rush. Lebeau lost control of his players and called a chickenshit predictable defense which Balt has seen oh at least 100 times on film and in person. I'm sure flacco wasn't even phased when he threw incomplete b/c he knew he'd get another shot with more of the field to work with against a predictable softy D. The D lost this game, not arians play calling. To throw the ball in that situation with a QB who was having a shitty game is not playing to win, I'm sorry. You ride your top ranked defense. It was the right call.

BTW I hate bouchette's attitude as well. Smug douche
I don't know what to tell you, guy... that "predictably softy D" was leading the league in several categories before the game (and still is, actually). And pretty much the same D - minus Polamalu and Smith - more or less spanked Flacco and Co. in week 16 of last year. The exception, oddly enough, was Ray Rice getting a zillion yards on the ground.

Now, I didn't like them blitzing Troy on an obvious passing down, and obviously into the endzone, but I don't think one bad play called make our D "predictably softy". Get real.

I'll never understand people's animosity to Bouchette. He's a smart guy who knows his Steelers. He pretty much predicted their collapse last season, and everyone called him a douche for that as well, but he called it like he saw it. What do you want him to do? Cheerlead? I like that he's neither a Debbie Downer nor a lickspittle, like everyone else in the Pittsburgh media with the sole exception of Scott Brown.