Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Let the TO Meltdown Begin

Quote:
Speaking about his one-year, $2 million contract with the Bengals, Owens said it is like he's "playing for free this season."
While not naming specific parties, Owens also spoke about Bengals officials not listening to his ideas on how to make the team's offense more successful.
"I've been in the presence of a lot of great football minds, obviously when you think about Steve Young, Jerry Rice, George Seifert, Bill Walsh -- rest in peace," Owens told NFL Network. "When I was a rookie, second-year, third-year guy, I didn't say a lot, but I sat back and I watched and I listened. I listened at the progressions quarterbacks are supposed to go through.
"Trust me, I understand and some people here think I really don't know what I'm doing, but I have to do it their way."
Irvin asked specifically what people believed that, but Owens would only say "some people."
"I tried to address some issues or input some things I've been taught about what has made me successful," Owens said.
"How well is it being received?" Irvin asked.
"They hear it, but it's one of those things: They're listening, but they're not hearing me," Owens said.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...#ixzz124ZMywii

What a freaking whiny bitch.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote