Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #74
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
Well, I can probably go back and check the D stats, but there were plenty of turnovers in the 1st 3 games as well. They may be all individually more talented than last year, but we have moved some guys, changed the pairings, brought new guys in that are still learning the system, etc.

The bad pass by Letang to Martin that gave up the shortie comes to mind.

There's plenty of bad play going on out there for everyone to step up and play better.

It's still early. We have a long road to travel. Hopefully, things improve.
I know the D hasn't been perfect, and they never will be...no D is. I'm with Byslma on this though (paraphrasing from what he said after the Toronto game), Fleury HAS to step up and make those big saves at some point. I mean, yeah, some of it is defensive breakdowns, but like I said, that's always going to happen, no matter how good of a team you have. When you have a goalie that is being paid like Fleury is though, you should be able to rely on him for the most part. You could tell by Bylsma's wording and demeanor that he just doesn't feel that way right now. And you could tell by Fleury's demeanor after the game that he doesn't have a lot of confidence in himself either.

I agree...the season is still young, and there's plenty of time to correct these things. They better happen soon though, or Fleury's going to find himself on the bench for the better part of the season. I can tell already that Bylsma isn't going to put his team in a position to lose if he doesn't step it up soon.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365