View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Gay parents more likely to have kids.

I get what you mean, but think the study is a little skewed still.

I do understand his point that lesbian mothers might encourage their female children to "try out girls", but what about their boy children? Does the same apply there? I would imagine that a straight male child of two lesbian mothers would be a less aggressive child and more "in tune" to womens feelings...if that makes any sense.

Also, did he compare his research of gay parents to straight parents and how many gay children come from straight couples? I'm willing to bet the number would be less...but you have to factor in that gay children of straight couples are more likely to repress their tendencies. They do not "come out" as easily, I don't think that makes them any less gay in the long run though.

This study has a lot of holes in it IMO. But was an interesting read nonetheless.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote