SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Orpik expected back on Saturday...

Quote:
1:57 PM (CENTRAL TIME):
Head coach Dan Bylsma said that he expects defenseman Brooks Orpik to return to the lineup Saturday night in St. Louis. Orpik has been out since Oct. 10 with a groin strain.

"I havenít talked to Brooks, but hopefully (Saturday) will be the day for him to get back in there."
More updates from today...

Quote:
2:14 PM (CENTRAL TIME):
Coachspeak with Dan Bylsma...

On Crosby, Goligoski and Letang missing practice:
Itís just maintenance days for the guys that werenít on the ice. I havenít talked to Brooks, but hopefully (Saturday) will be the day for him to get back in there.

On finding a roster spot for Orpik:
With Brooks coming back, obviously one defenseman will have to come out.

On the benefit of attending Fridayís St. Louis-Chicago game:
We normally get what we call the ďAĒ game on tape and look at it on tape. To have a chance to go in person, you get a feel of the game and youíll see the tendencies of the team. Like Nashville is a team that likes to start hard. Theyíve been doing that well. When you go to the game, those are tendencies that you get a better feel for. Weíll be looking for some of those.

On pairing Crosby and Malkin together:
A couple times early they were favorable defensive pair matchups. Shea and Boullion were off the ice. I thought it was a good time to get a favorable matchup, one they didnít want to have. They were going pretty well together and feeding off each other we just kept it. Early in the game it was matchup-based.

On Malkin being a beast:
I played them together and got the tying goal. I did go that last few minutes away, then back in the last minute of the game. In overtime they wanted to be out there together. It was pretty amazing stuff to watch them work and feed off each other. One of them draws so much attention. When the two are playing like that it opens up so much space for the other guy.
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365