Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Another wacky Steelers board RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I have seen overly moderated sites, that are the worst. Then I have seen the true coo coo boards, where the appeal is like witnessing abnormal psychology. SFC had a mere handful of posters, with 50% seemingly nuts. But you never knew who was really as they posed vs. total fabrications. Some % were total created "characters" without question. But the place really was more about the invention of aliases more than about the PS.

I hope this place is the happy medium - not overly moderated, not overly uptight, but keeping the core discussion on all things Steelers as opposed to a loon house featuring coo coo aliases and the majority of the content being flame wars, not even on subjects related to the PS.

So far, this place seems like a good mix of quality content, good level of participation and updated technology, where there aren't glitches all the time.
agree this has been my favorite board so far because it's not overly moderated, but it's not mad max style like stillers.com. overmodding (like steelers.com) really makes things not fun. they were banning people for saying dick lebeau over there, lol.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote