View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Re: I dont understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by smheart78 View Post
I was very impressed to see the passes to Mendenhall (1 to Moore), I remember us talking about this earlier in the year how this option was not utilized in the beginning of the season and it did very well last night. Developing this helps our receivers and TEs. I was happy with every aspect of our team except maybe the secondary in coverage and Reed. If Mendenhall did not make the cutbacks, catches and gashes for large gains, this game would have been lost. This game marks the 2nd game in a row that I was happy with the offensive play calling. Benji was given the no-huddle as a change of pace in the first half and it didn't really work well, however, seeing him audible to the run on the blitz was VERY impressive. He did this a number of times with great success, leading me to beleive that this must have been addressed during the week. There is no feeling bad about this WIN, there were alot of good things shown last night, a lot of new things to develop as we go into the 2nd half of the season. I love winning close games!

Side note: Anyone watch the Wallace interview at the ESPN desk at the end of the game. I was worried having seen his interviewd before, but he acted very well in a manner befitting a true Steeler. Good job Wally!
Clearly they addressed some issues over the course of the last week. Although, hot reads still seem to be an issue too some extent. One play sticks out to me, a pass to El on a hot read where he never turned his head. Too be honest I'm really not that concerned. A stupid pass by Ben, another missed FG, and some truly puzzling penalties just muddled what was a decent overall game by the Steelers.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote