Thread: Time to panic?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #19
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177
Default Re: Time to panic?

I really have two worries about what could (or is most likely to) happen this season.

1. The Steelers have another LONG losing streak like they did last year, knocking them out of playoff contention. A bad thing for sure, but if could (possibly) lead to some actual ACTIVITY during free agency and a draft that doesn't leave fans dumbfounded. Although more than likely it would result in something profoundly stupid like Art Rooney II climbing up on his high horse, blaming all of the season's problems on Ben's legal troubles and trading him to the Browns for a 6th round pick in 2017 or something.

2. We manage to scrape by and win a string of close games (like in 2008) and make it into the playoffs, thereby leaving the "experts" to deem the season a success, which will lead to the coaching staff and the front office to fail to address any of the team's issues and we'll have another dormant period during free agency and a sub-par draft.

Of course, there's always the chance that this horrid game will light a fire under everyone's asses and they'll play lights out through the end of the season, but I don't know if I can say that without laughing.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote