View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #14
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707
Default Re: It's Official: Goodell hates the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
You're right. Chung shouldn't be fined. But neither should Harrison have been fined.
So in other words, let me get this straight :
You can punish/fine one player for a helmet to helmet (accident, on-purpose, momentum, whatever the reason), but you're not going to fine another one? You're going to "pick-and-choose" who you fine and who you don't??
Thats some absolute BS and the main reason i hate this new "rule". They're not being fair and consistent with the punishments.
That was basically my point. I guess two wrongs don't make a right, that's all I'm saying. Whether or not Goodell is being consistent with the punishments he is handing out is certainly a fair argument. It is such a fine line it's not even funny, and many of these hits are very subjective. This is exactly why I agree with what Polamalu suggested a few weeks ago. There should definitely be an independent panel of "judges" if you will, who rule of these kinds of issues.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote