Old 06-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284
Default Re: Fantasy articles/news

2005 Fantasy Football TE Busts

by Chris Weeks

Alge Crumpler, Atlanta
The main reason I have Crumpler on this list is because he's coming off the best year of his career. Last season Alge caught 48 balls for 774 yards and 6 TD's. That's some pretty good numbers for a TE. This season I expect defenses to pay more attention to him and make Vick prove he can hit the receivers. This year I'd expect around 40 receptions for 500 yards and 4 TD's. While these aren't bad numbers they're just not as good as last year and that's why he's on the list.

Dallas Clark, Indianapolis
Finding a tight end that you think will have a down year is difficult. Clark didn't have a great year in 2004. With 25 receptions for 423 yards and 5 TD's his numbers were respectable for TE's. So how can I put him on this list? The reason I have him on the list is Payton Manning. Payton likes to open up the field. He likes to throw the deep ball and keep opposing defenses on their heels. Dropping the ball off to the TE isn't one of Manning's favorite things to do. While I don't expect his numbers to drop I also don't expect them to be great.

Doug Jolley, New York Jets
I started out with the Jets so I'm going to end with them. The Jets traded their first round draft pick this year for veteran TE Doug Jolley. What on earth were they thinking? They could have kept Becht and drafted Miller. Jolley is marginally better than Becht and in the long run will be nowhere near as good as Miller. Don't get me wrong I think Doug is a descent TE. But he's never going to be one of the leagues elite. If Jolley has 30 receptions for 400 yards and 2 TD's this season I'd be surprised.