View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Fantasy articles/news

Quote:
Plaxico Burress, New York Giants
The newest addition to the Giants offense this off-season was Plaxico Burress. You're probably wondering how I can put Burress on this list. The reason is quite simple. Many believe Burress will return to his 2001 & 2002 form. I on the other hand believe his 2003 & 2004 stats are more in line with what we should expect. Part of the reason I think this is the case is Burress played with a young QB last year and only posted 700 yards and 5 TD's. Again this season he'll be playing with second year QB Eli Manning.
Just another reason for him to bitch about lack of production...

Quote:
Kendrell Bell, Linebacker, Kansas City
Kendrell Bell has a new home in Kansas City, but he will need to stay healthy to have an impact in 2005. Bell has tremendous potential, but has not been able to put his talents together on the field. Bell had a great rookie season in 2001, took a step back in 2002, returned to form in 2003, and had an injury plagued 2004 campaign. This season will see Bell with a new team and a new position. After spending three seasons with the Steelers, Bell signed a free agent deal with the Chiefs. The Chiefs plan to use Bell as an outside linebacker instead of in the middle because of his injury problems. The move to outside linebacker hurts Bell's chances at having a great season. The bigger problem for Bell is staying healthy. Bell played in only three games last season, and has already been held out of Chiefs minicamp with a groin injury. Kendrell has too many question marks surrounding him to make a big impact this season.
If Bell can't stay healthy this year and produce, it wouldnt surprise me to see them let him go, his contract is backloaded anyways.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote