View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts
Default Re: Do we need to trade up to get LenDale White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
If you believe this article, LenDale White may be available with the #32 pick.

At the annual USC Pro Day for NFL scouts this past weekend:

White weighed in at 244 pounds, up six pounds from the doughy 238 pounds he displayed at the NFL scouting combine in February. White also did his best not to display much by wearing a loose-fitting warm-up suit for the entire workout. This was after White drew audible groans from NFL scouts when he bared his chest at the combine.

As one NFL general manager said after seeing White at the combine: “The guy needed a bra, it was ridiculous. You come to the combine looking like that and you want to be a first-round pick? Come on. The guy had obviously been doing nothing.”

On Sunday, White benched 225 pounds all of 15 times. That’s one more than USC punter Tom Malone and nine less than Bush, who White happens to outweigh by 42 pounds. After doing the bench, White called it a day. He didn’t run the 40-yard dash or do any of the other myriad of drills that so many scouts and coaches were looking forward to.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12126007/

This act is going to cost White millions - with this attitude, the scary part for any team is if White will completely dog it once he gets any kind of signing bonus.

Although the Steelers had some pretty fair success with a RB who fought weight problems, I doubt this is a selling point in White's favor.
i thought of bumping this thread in light of his recent poor pro day. he would have to slip by denver and carolina and he could very well be there. it posing a really interresting delimma. i almost think he would be to good to pass up.

good perspective of him maybe dogging it though. maybe we can trade up to get him in the 2nd round!
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote