View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
SteveLowe
Water Boy

Member Number: 17425
Default A book that may be of interest

Greetings all from a newbie,

I'm posting this with the blessing of Tony hipchest, who recommended I turn to this board. My name is Steve Lowe and I am an author with a new short novel recently published, one that I think may be of interest to anyone here who enjoys reading, laughing, and laughing while reading.

The book is called MUSCLE MEMORY, and it's the story of a group of rural western Penn. Steelers fans who wake up one morning to discover they have switched bodies with their signifcant others. Sort of... one neighbor has actually switched bodies with one of his sheep, but he's a Cleveland Browns fan, so, you know... The plot follows this group of obviously freaked out folks as they try to figure what happened and why. It's a bit like those 1980s body-switching movies, but only if they had been made into a Twilight Zone episode instead.

I have posted a sample of the first five pages on my website: http://steve-lowe.com/2010/11/26/rea...muscle-memory/ in case you'd like to check it out. This should give you a pretty good idea of how the rest of the book is. And the ending features a dream sequence starring the characters' favorite Steeler, Terry Bradshaw, who imparts his wisdom and helps explain the strange happenings.

On a personal note, I am a freelance sports writer from South Bend, Ind. I have covered sports for 11 years and I love football. I can't say that I'm a Steelers fan particularly, but I don't dislike them either. One of the best interviews I've ever done was with Franco Harris a few years back for a College Football Hall of Fame story about his former Penn State backfield mate, Lydell Mitchell. Easily one of, if not THE, nicest people I've had a chance to speak to.

Here is the link to the Amazon listing: http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Memory-...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1 - there's more info here, including a book description and also customer reviews.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for humoring me. I wouldn't have posted this here if I didn't sincerely believe this book would be of interest to Steelers fans. If you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up, as I will be around on this board. And I promise I won't make a nuisance of myself with anymore posts like this.

--Steve Lowe
SteveLowe is offline   Reply With Quote