View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Steelers Vs Ravens Game was The Most Watched Game This Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
And yet Mr. Goodell insists the fans want higher scoring finesse style arena football.
People tuned-in to watch what most closely-resembles what football used-to be, that was played in our youth, a style 'em Stillers & Purple Browns usually deliver by the barrel, and will continue to deliver, until that syle is legislated out of the game:
blocking, running, tackling / I don't like you & you don't like me / let's line-up and see who wants it more, and not some stylized, hoity-toity, track-meet / basketball game on turf.

You are correct that the peole running the League today are out-of-touch with their fanbase (sadly, those same people continue to shovel money into the League's pants), the proof-being is listen to a football-based, sports-talk show on the Interweb from any city in America:
while the discussions are humming about the NFL, it isn't good publicity, as many are beginning to realize it is on a downward spiral, and has-been for several years.

Adding an additional 2 games per season, while Goodell is fining players & preaching about 'player-safety', is pure-hypocrisy, and the fans are seeing-through this ruse, giving ammunition to the NFLPA in the upcoming negotiations:
how-stupid must he be to make over-paid millionaires 'sympathetic' in these tough economic times?

Ms. Goodell doesn't know the difference betwen himself, and a bucket of chit... but the bucket does!