MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts
Default Re: 1 timeout left

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
alot of message board posters have praised arians and ben for that last drive. i somewhat value the opinions of experts and analysists who have actually coached in the league more.

why in the hell did the steelers waste almost 10 seconds subbing in randle el for the spike play? if they wanted him in the game he coulda been inserted AFTER the ball was spiked and the clock was stopped.

Why in the hell, when it is the 2 minute drill, were the steelers subing in diferent personnel. and repeatedly shifting 2 wr's from one side to the other?

atleast 3-4 snaps were completely wasted. i guess with ben missing the first 4 games they still dont think hes ready to take over the no-huddle hurry up office. maybe he's still finding his groove with his wr's.

or maybe arians will no longer hand over the reigns like he used to because he has been ordered to runn the ball more..... effectively.

either way it was a complete meltdown from the sideline. that situation is very simple and has been proven time and time again.

you go 11 personnel (1rb/1te/3wr) and let ben work his magic.
i was watching the colt game , which manning ran the no huddle most of the game. they commented on how he gets the snap off with 20 + seconds still left .

is it coincedence that most plays following a timeout fail ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote