View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #13
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: Mendenhall left out on key drive

I don't think you'll see Frank Summers running for the Steelers this year ... was cut from the active roster and sitting on the practice squad. Interestingly enough, someone close to him blamed Arians for failing to make the active roster. http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...summers/29168/.

The reason Mendenhall was not on that last drive is because Moore and Redman are viewed as better blocking backs (blitz pickup). The Jets had a reputation of bringing pressure late in games, but didn't in this one (Ryan even stated in his post game interview he really fought the temptation to bring it).

Finally, what is with this Moore bashing? He's made some great contributions this year and made some excellent blocks in this past game when the Jets did bring the heat. I totally disagree with the article in this post. In the 2 minute offense, when it's obvious passing situations, I'm totally fine with the coaching staff looking to Moore or Redman and not Mendy. Redman scored the winning TD against the Ravens and I don't remember articles being written about how the coaches made a poor substitution. The bad choice in this game wasn't the selection of the runner, it was the play call ... a draw from your own endzone is a loser playcall. And, oh by the way, Jason Taylor getting a free shot in the backfield on just about any runningback would produce the same result. Let's not confuse Mendy with Bettis.

Must be just about playoff time cause I'm ranting!
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote