View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 01:20 AM   #1
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284
Default McAllister deal.

AP reports Saints running back Deuce McAllister said he hopes to have contract negotiations completed before training camp opens July 29. If not, the two-time Pro Bowler plans to cut the negotiations off until after the regular season. McAllister is entering the final year of the four-year contract he signed as a rookie in 2001. He is scheduled to earn a base salary of $2.3 million this season. Saints officials are negotiating with McAllister's agent, Ben Dogra, on a long-term contract extension. In the past couple of weeks, the sides have exchanged proposals on seven- and eight-year deals. "We'll get it done," McAllister said. "My main focus is on the season right now. I'll leave the contract up to my agent." McAllister is expected to command a deal similar to the eight-year, $50.5 million contract RB Clinton Portis received from Washington in 2004. That deal included $13 million guaranteed in the first year.

one i have got to say is i love to see players forget about the money and just play the game, bc like ward hes not worried about the contract now, its the season hes thinking about now.