View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Question to Christians ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksfan View Post
well, i was raised that way and suffered for it. the whole image, you know, is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.... "believe or die"
I'm sorry about your personal experience and I wouldn't consider disrespecting you by debating that point. Millions of people would disagree with you on your "facts" and have had much different personal experiences. Me included.

If I read the initial post correctly, a question was being posed, in a thoughtful way, for those who are believers in Christ. I tried to blow off your initial post with humor. I know it's not considered to be politically correct but quite frankly, I don't give a flying flip about your opinion on my faith. I think it sucks that you felt the need to express it in this thread instead of starting one of your own, which I could have chosen to read or not. Christmas, for many Christians, is a sacred and special time. I think being respectful is the right thing to do even if you don't agree about something.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote