View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: Field Conditions after Winter Classic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Yeah, I get what you mean. That's more for the casual fan though. I myself get extremely annoyed with constant TV timeouts and the over abundance of play reviews. It slows the game down to a deadening pace...especially at the end of halves.

I'm not a social sports watcher. I want to see the game...and will hold it in until intermissions.

I understand though that the sport is watched by more casual fans than hardcore fans though, so in that respect you may be onto something.
BTW, one thing that kills soccer for me is the ties. I hate it hate it. i hate wasting my time and ending up with a tie. I love the later single elimination World Cup matches where I know there will be no tie allowed and it will go to penalty kicks if need be.

Hockey was smart to add the shootouts but still...

All the sports that have a million games can cause fans to lose interest. I had decided that baseball would be more exciting if instead of 3 separate meaningless games there were 3 games series where you get an extra point if you win the series. I know they would still need to finish the 3rd game if it goes 2-0 (for money) so it would count but whoever won the 2/3 would get like an extra win...something like that. You could still keep track of regular wins but you could have something called "points" which would be wins + series wins.