View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Racial diversity in the NHL and other sports (moved posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
No wonder I missed this guy. With a helmet, who would know SC? lol I don't know who he is but I typed up blacks in hockey and he came up. lol

*Sigh*

You claim that you "tried" to be a hockey fan (I don't know how recent this was either, and I'm guessing you only gave it a half assed try), and then act like some of these guys are nobody's cause you never heard of them. If you really gave a hoot about the diversity of the sport you'd look it up yourself and find out how talented/famous these guys are.

That is Jarome Iginla...the first black captain in hockey (for the Calgary Flames) and is quite popular. Aside from being a 5 time NHL All Star, he's also the teams all-time leader in goals, points, and games played. He's also helped Canada win 2 Olympic gold medals ('02 & '10).

You know that goal Crosby scored in OT to win Canada the gold over the US? Yeah...that play was set up by a sweet pass from Iginla.

[YOUTUBE]L0tnKCHp6C0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 01-07-2011 at 10:20 PM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote