View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #61
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Racial diversity in the NHL and other sports (moved posts)

g.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Well you are a good spokesperson and you know your stuff. You got me interested in it a little. You should get a marketing job with the NHL...lol

I really think I'd have fun if we had a superstar scorer. Like I said...You did a good job.
I'm feeling good about our Goalie Tim Thomas now though.

We are winning 1-0. I might watch both games (Jets/Bruins). Beating the Canadians is good.
Yeah, having a big superstar on your team is nice sometimes, but it isn't everything. The NJ Devils have been perennial playoff and cup contenders and they made a HUGE deal for Kovalchuk (a little over 100 Mill for 17 years) and in doing so have pretty much screwed the team in many other ways (gave up some key defensive players, his cap hit really hurts the team if anyone even gets hurt for a game or two and he just hasn't been producing). The team is 10(W)-29(L)-2(OT Loss) with 22 points after being the top team in the Eastern Conference with 103 points last season, with an extremely defensive team...they are now the absolute worst team in the league. So you've got to have balance.

Some people think bringing in Crosby and Ovechkin saved those franchises (in the standings) and while they certainly didn't hurt, it's more about the chemistry of a team you put together. Shero (Pens GM) did an absolutely brilliant job putting complimentary players around his superstars. Otherwise, having Crosby would be worthless.

B's are up 2-0 now...I hope they win too. I hate Montreal lol.

Pens are down 2-0 against Minnesota, I guess choosing playoff football over a regular season game was a good choice. (Yes, I actually struggled with this for a few minutes)

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote