Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,128 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Ravens then Pats is the perfect path

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
There could be easier roads to a Super Bowl, but none as satisfying as beating these 2 on the way to another Super Bowl. The only thing that could have made it better would be beating Dallas in their house for #7.

Part of what made #6 so gratifying was preventing the Ravens from the chance to do it themselves. If we lose this week, and the Pats win it would be pure torture watching those 2 play for the right to go to the Super Bowl. I may have to break all the TV's in my house so I don't have to see it.

Steelers - Just win please. I like my TV's.
Actually, we have an embarrassment of opportunities facing us.

First, we get a chance to oust the Ratbirds and prove once again who the real muscle is in the AFC North.

Second, we could either end up playing the Patsies and beat them in their house which would not only get us a ticket to Dallas but would also serve to get a decade-old monkey off our backs.

Then there's "Door Number Two". The Jets end up winning and we get to have them come to our house and we get a chance for some serious payback for that day in November.

Then after all that, I don't think there's an NFC team that we couldn't dismantle, so the Superbowl would be ripe for the picking and the only real issue we'd have is figuring out how to shove another Lombardi in the trophy case.

All in all, I like what lies ahead no matter how it plays out.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote