Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Tuesday January 11, 2011
Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave
By: Scott Tady, Times Entertainment Editor
Beaver County Times
http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/...273f98a6640cb1

PITTSBURGH — Expect nothing but a good time Friday — and maybe a cheesy Sublime cover — when rock ’n’ roll/reality TV star Bret Michaels headlines a Pittsburgh Steelers Playoff Party at Stage AE next to Heinz Field.

Michaels, a Butler native, also will lead the Terrible Towel Twirl Saturday at Heinz Field right before kickoff of the Steelers’ late-afternoon skirmish with the Baltimore Ravens.

The Friday concert begins at 7 p.m., following a four-hour pep rally broadcast by WDVE-FM. Emcees will be former Steelers players-turned-announcers Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley, with special appearances by Steelers alumni.

Tickets are $20 via Ticketmaster.

Michaels, star of the VH1 show “Life as I Know It,” was the frontman for central Pennsylvania’s glam-metal band Poison, which scored the Top-10 hits “Talk Dirty to Me,” “Nothin’ But a Good Time,” “Every Rose Has Its Thorn,” “Unskinny Bop,” “Something to Believe In” and a cover of Loggins & Messina’s “Your Mama Don’t Dance.”

The winner of NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice 3,” Michaels toured as a solo artist this summer, releasing the album “Custom Built” that debuted at No. 14 on the Billboard chart. The album included “Nothing to Lose” featuring guest vocals from Miley Cyrus, and a cover of Sublime’s “What I Got,” which the Village Voice ranked as the second-worst song of 2010 (behind Train’s “Hey, Soul Sister.”)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote