Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Earliest Steelers' Smith could return is for Super Bowl

La Canfora is a slimy little weasel, and a Pats fan - he don't know jackshit

"unnamed sources" my ass

Steelers' Smith has slight chance of playing on Saturday

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Aaron Smith won't practice this week, but the Steelers are holding out hope that the veteran defensive end will be able to play, albeit in a limited capacity, on Saturday against the Ravens.

Smith, who is trying to return from a partially torn triceps, will have an MRI taken on his left arm Friday.

The scan, Smith said, will determine where his arm is in the healing process. And if the MRI brings good news, there is an outside chance that Smith could suit up for the Steelers' AFC divisional playoff game.

"It's nice because it's been a long journey up to this point," Smith said. "The guys have done a great job of doing what they had to do to carry us this far. I'd just like to get another opportunity to contribute."

Smith, who dressed for practice Tuesday but did not participate in it, said conditioning won't be a problem if and when he does return to the playing field.

Smith started lifting weights last month. The 6-foot-5, 298-pounder has been running up to five days a week since he started working his way back from the injury he sustained in an Oct. 24 game in Miami.

"I'm probably in better shape than when I got hurt," Smith said.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote