View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #328
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Wrestling SUCKS right now and the stories are beyond stupid. I only see it now at a passing glance in channel changing.
Horrible. No one interesting. It's funny....the only time anyone care's whats going on in the WWE is when they bring back one of the big 80's/90's stars (Michaels. Austin, Undertaker, etc...). No one cares about John Cena, Randy Orton, HHH Hunter Hearst (i only succeed because i married the bosses daughter) Helmsley and any of the others. They can't give the memorable interviews either.The last great wrestlers were the Austin, Rock, Rob Van Dam era in the very early 2000's. I can tell Vince McMahon part of what the problem is but he wouldn't hear of it : they don't have the "characters" anymore and go with almost exclusively young, lean, ripped, bodybuilders. Instead of standing out like a Lex Luger used to or an Ultimate Warrior, they ALL look the same and are completely un-interesting.

There will never be another run like the early 80's up until about 2001 or so. Flair, Luger, Hogan, Steamboat, Sting, Andre, Savage, Bret Hart and on and on and on. I can't even count TNA, its horrendous at best.
I actually feel bad for real fans of wrestling. They have nothing anymore. Once in a while i visit some of the wrestling websites to see whats going on and its actually pitiful watching the editors/fans trying to write and talk about whats going on today (which is basically nothing interesting whatsoever...)
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote