View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #68
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Default Re: Sometimes I dont understand Steelers fans!!!!!!!!!

Coachspeak33,

First off: Very well written and thought out post. The success of this post alone is expressed in the number of replies and the dialogue that has since ensued. Thank you (I am being sincere) for your thoughts.

But, I do disagree. I believe, IMO, that the FO is looking at taking a larger number of players and "culling" so to speak to get the better/higher quality players. Sometimes the staff does things that I really do not understand. But that is part of our culture as being part of this wonderfully exciting yet entirely dynamic sport.

I have heard that "A love is not true until that love is unconditional."

Perhaps the same can be said for our fanbase. That the support must be unconditional.

Do I always agree with decisions? Not at all. But I still support them. I do not look to Bill Cowher to give me advice on my performance or decision-making in the military (my occupation), nor do I offer him advice on coaching (except when I yell at the television for playing the "soft defense"....I do despise that). He is a HIGHLY paid, and successful professional. That is his job. I do not know enough to coach a professional football team. Nor, for example, do Bill's skill sets encompass the operation and instruction of a MK-44 weapons system (7.62mm, tripod mounted, 6-barrel gatling gun with a firing rate of 3,000 rounds per minute............a devastating toy of mine ).

I did enjoy your post though. It caused me to think, and it offered options to consider. But....I'm gonna leave that particular part of the business to the staff.

Once again, thank you for the intriguing article.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote