tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneMachine View Post
If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.
i really understand the game.

lets get down to the nitty gritty. im gonna post some stats and since you dont like them, throw em out the window to be fair.

steelers have allowed 63 YPG in rushing this year. that is the 5th best in the entire history of the nfl. yet if you look at their past 3-4 playoff games they are allowing an astronomically low 40 yards per game.

what could possibly be reason? do they crank it up a notch come playoff time? of course not. this would imply they arent going all out during the regular season. their opposition simply tightens up when faced with the buzzsaw.

and this is from some pretty confident teams much more ****y than the jets, from the chargers to the ravens.

while they pucker up, the steelers are simply free flowing.

the steelers are a 'been there, done that' group with a "been there, done that" coach who says "we will go there again because that is the standard", despite what some newb coach proclaims on HBO's HARD KNOCKS.

thats great rex got to hold his daddys ring as a child. that, nor his words, dont mean shit come sunday.