Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Ticket Price Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
With the high ticket prices , the hotels have gone up. I was thinking about coming fro St.Thomas, Ontario, Canada for the game, and staying in a downtown hotel. Most are anywhere from250 -350 per night. I was just going to come and soak up the atmosphere at a bar near the stadium and if I was lucky grab a couple of tickets after kick off. Guess I will sit and watch at home. LOL>
I knew the hotel situation would be bad if I waited because I got burned in 08. I had my laptop on my lap as I watched the Jets/Pats game. I had my name and credit card info in on Priceline and bid $75 for a 3.5 star downtown hotel. As soon as the Jets recovered the onside kick I submitted the request and in a few seconds I got the Wyndham Grand right next to the point. Just have to walk right over the bridge to Heinz. It used to be the Hilton. It gets iffy reviews as they are renovating but the location is perfect.

Check Hotwire right now. I believe there was a 3.5 star hotel for arount $100 last night. It is probably the hotel I got.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote