GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Location: Long Island to Hilton Head Island to Tucson to Eau Claire
Member Number: 17770
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i really understand the game.

lets get down to the nitty gritty. im gonna post some stats and since you dont like them, throw em out the window to be fair.

steelers have allowed 63 YPG in rushing this year. that is the 5th best in the entire history of the nfl. yet if you look at their past 3-4 playoff games they are allowing an astronomically low 40 yards per game.

what could possibly be reason? do they crank it up a notch come playoff time? of course not. this would imply they arent going all out during the regular season. their opposition simply tightens up when faced with the buzzsaw.

and this is from some pretty confident teams much more ****y than the jets, from the chargers to the ravens.

while they pucker up, the steelers are simply free flowing.

the steelers are a 'been there, done that' group with a "been there, done that" coach who says "we will go there again because that is the standard", despite what some newb coach proclaims on HBO's HARD KNOCKS.

thats great rex got to hold his daddys ring as a child. that, nor his words, dont mean shit come sunday.
I am not saying that stats dont have a place. I am saying if stats could predict a game then there would be no reason to play the game. I also know the Steelers D is the real deal. No argument there. If you believe that stats are all that counts then put your $ where your mouth is and put all you got into vegas. Take a heloc and mortgage your house to make the bet. By the stat logic there is no way you could loose. You have a 4 point advantage. You could be the next Bill Gates, rich beyond belief. The Steelers are a great winning franchise with some great history. They have been fortunate to have very competent owners over the years. The Jets and others cannot claim that. However we do have the right tools in place now. We have made it to the AFC champ game 2 years in a row with less talent than our opponents. Thats a good sign.

Last edited by GreeneMachine; 01-20-2011 at 12:48 PM.
GreeneMachine is offline   Reply With Quote