Old 01-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Official 2010 Song

Damn...that was hard to read lol.

It's just a song.

If it gets people fired up for their city and for the Steelers, who cares. I don't.

Wiz is an awesome guy (have hosted shows for him before) and love the city...IMO he can show it any way he wants. If people don't like it, that's cool too...they can find other stuff they like.

Thanks for the input though.

A few words from Wiz himself:

Quote:
Khalifa was born in Minot, N.D., but his family moved around a lot because his father served in the military. He lived in Germany, Japan, and England before he eventually settled in Pittsburgh, where he attended Taylor Allderdice High School. Experiencing different cultures didn't affect his songwriting, but it helped him mature.

"I think it just helped me to open my mind and really broadened my horizons," said Khalifa, who cites Big Daddy Kane and Snoop Dogg as inspirations.

"It helped me be more open to more opinions and seeing how different people live. But my music is inspired by what I see every day growing up in Pittsburgh. That's what I know and what I can explain vividly, so that's what I talk about in my music."

Moving around, he said, also bolstered his confidence. He was forced to make friends all the time.

"Living all around helped me mature and put myself out there as the new guy," he said. "I was used to being the new dude, so it was nothing for me to get in front of different types of people I didn't know and just be myself.'"
http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NTERTAINMENT03

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote